Victor Valley College
The BRIDGE program prepares SHS students to have the option of attending Victor Valley College in the Fall after graduation with PRIORITY REGISTRATION! All SHS Seniors will have the opportunity to complete the VVC application process in our new RAM Center located in Room 6501.
- STEP ONE: APPLY TO VVC at http://www.vvc.edu/offices/admissions-records/apply-for-admission.shtml
- STEP TWO: Set up your MyVVC account and complete the ORIENTATION through WEBADVISOR/NAVIGATE or attend a scheduled ORIENTATION session with the BRIDGE counselor or RAMbassador
- STEP THREE: Apply for Financial Aid at www.fafsa.gov or the Dream Act dream.csac.ca.gov (for undocumented students). Complete the 2021-2022 application (The year of your HS graduation)
- STEP FOUR: Complete the Placement Survey on Webadvisor/Navigate
- STEP FIVE: Complete an Educational Plan with the BRIDGE counselor (Mrs. Coe) or the on site VVC counselor (Mrs. Musslewhite)
YOUR FINAL STEP WILL BE TO ENROLL IN CLASSES ON THE PRIORITY REGISTRATION DATE.
You should use the VVC catalog for your major, and the IGETC or CSU GE to determine the best classes to take.
Want to complete college credits while still in high school? Click on the link below to see the steps to enrollment at VVC for high school students. All concurrent enrollment students must obtain a signature from their Silverado counselor approving the courses requested at the college.
VVC ECA - Early College Academy
Silverado now offers ECA (Early College Academy)! The ECA is a one-of-a-kind opportunity for your student to complete college-level courses while in high school.
In collaboration with Victor Valley College (VVC), Silverado High School has designed this program to help Silverado students get a head start on their college education by taking college classes during the regular school day.
The college classes are offered here at Silverado for junior (11th grade) and senior (12th grade) students. The program is free with absolutely no cost to students. Most college credit earned through the program can be applied toward earning an AA/AS degree at VVC or be transferred to a university. If you have any questions please contact Ms. Guillen in the counseling office.
VVC DE - Dual Enrollment
Silverado offers a few VVC classes on our campus each semester. Classes are typically held after school and students can earn high school and college credit at the same time. For more information contact Ms. Guillen in Counseling.