CCGI - California College Guidance Initiative
VVUHSD has partnered with the California College Guidance Initiative (CCGI) to help all students develop a well-informed college and career plan. CCGI is a nonprofit that works with school districts throughout California to ensure that all 6th-12th grade students in California have access to a systematic baseline of guidance and support as they plan, prepare, and pay for post-secondary education and training. Improving college & career readiness and transition improves post-secondary success.
This system is a “one stop shop” where students are able to apply for colleges/universities (UC, CSU, and CCC) directly from the platform.
- As a partner with CCGI, VVUHSD students also have access to exclusive tools such as:
- 4 Year Academic Planner
- A-G college subject requirements
- College Applications (CCC, CSU, UC)
- Financial Aid (FAFSA/ CA Dream ACT) and Scholarship resources
- Career Exploration
It is very important that ALL students sign up for CaliforniaColleges.edu (CCGI) student accounts!
Instructions to set up an account:
1. Go to the CaliforniaColleges.edu login website
2. Click Register Your Account
3. Enter the information below:
4. Under the Student ID field, enter your 6-digit School ID number and Date of Birth: MM/DD/YYYY
5. On the next page, click Sign Up with Google, enter your VVSTU Gmail Account, then click NEXT
6. Enter your VVSTU password and click NEXT to complete registration process.
Note: Once your account is set up, always use the Sign in with Google option to login.
ALL of our college applications will be launched from this platform, including Victor Valley College.